Karnataka Common Entrance Test popularly known as KCET 2016 is a state level exam. It is conducted to offer admission in to undergraduate Medical and Dental programmes in as many as 42 medical colleges and 38 Dental Institutes of Karnataka. Applicants shall fill the application form till March, 2016. KCET Medical Exam is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Applicants will be provided with the rank, based on the ranking of the applicants in the KCET, counseling will be conducted and admission will be given to the respective colleges. KCET 2016 Medical Exam shall be held in the month of May, 2016.
|KCET Medical 2016 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test Medical|
|Commonly known as||KCET Medical|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
KCET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible for the examination only if they satisfy following condition: Applicants ought to pass in Higher Secondary Certificate examination or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually can apply for the examination.
Applicants should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in Higher Secondary Examination in English, Physics, Chemistry or Biology subjects taken together to apply for the examination (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category)
KCET 2016 Application Form
Candidates who are interested must fill and submit the KCET Medical 2016 application form.
Steps for applying for KCET Medical form are mentioned below:
For Karnataka Students
- Applicants will get the application forms from the participating schools / colleges located within Karnataka.
- Applicants have to first download the bank challan from KEA website by entering their name, date of birth, category and the name of the bank.
- Applicants have to pay the application fee in any of the respective bank branches.
- The bank will retain a copy of the challan and handover the remaining two copies of the challan to the applicants.
- Applicants have to handover the challan to the concerned school / college principal to obtain the brochure.
For Non Karnataka Students
- Applicants of Karnataka source residing outside the state of Karnataka including Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadigas and wards of Jammu & Kashmir migrants can obtain the Karnataka CET 2014 application form through speed post.
- Candidates have to send a self-addressed cloth-lined envelope of size 25cm x 30cm along with a demand draft (DD) of Rs 750/- drawn in favor of “The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore.” payable at Bangalore.
- The Karnataka applicants residing outside India can get the brochure cum application form by sending a DD of Rs 5,000/- to KEA.
- Applicant should write the contents in the envelope in English or Kannada language only.
- Applicant need to send the DD and envelope in a cover and should be boldly super scribed with the words “REQUEST FOR CET-2016 BROCHURE” and must sent to the address of Executive Director by speed post only.
KCET 2016 Exam Pattern
- The test comprises of 180 multiple choice questions (60 from each section of Biology, Physics and Chemistry)
- Applicant 1 mark will be added for each correct answer and no marks will be deducted for any wrong answer.
- Duration for each paper is 80 minutes.
- The distribution of subject and question for the exam is as follows.
|Subject||No of question||Marks|
Qualifying Marks: The qualifying mark in the entrance exam for general category candidate is 50%, while 40% is for SC, ST and OBC categories. Rank list will be based on the candidates’ marks obtained in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects in Karnataka Common Entrance Test of Medical 2016.
KCET Medical 2016 Exam Dates
|KCET Medical Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Start date for Online Application Form||February, 2016|
|Last Date Online Registration||March, 2016|
|Last date to pay fee in the bank/post office||March, 2016|
|Downloading of Admit Card||April, 2016|
|KCET Medical 2016 Exam||May, 2016|
**The above dates are tentative. No official dates have been declared yet.